On this Episode of the ASC Podcast with John Goehle we discuss Recent News including the 2021 Report to Congress on the CMS Oversight of Accrediting Organizations, Review recent survey experiences including policy and procedure and Anesthesia issues and in our focus segment, we discuss the state of networking, local servers and cloud based hosting with our friend Daren Smith with Surgical Information Systems.
This episode is sponsored by Surgical Information Systems,
Resources from this Episode:
Becker’s Article on Surgeon Compensation:
- Beckers Report: https://www.beckersasc.com/asc-news/5-physician-specialties-with-the-biggest-salary-increases-in-2022.html
- 2023 Physician Compensation Report
FY 2021 Report to Congress (RTC): Review of Medicare’s Program Oversight of Accrediting Organizations (AOs) and the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments of 1988 (CLIA) Validation Program:
Daren Smith, Surgical Information Systems:
Important Resources for ASCs:
- Conditions for Coverage:
- Infection Control Survey Tool (Used by Surveyors for Infection Control)
- Updated Guidance for Ambulatory Surgical Centers - Appendix L of the State Operations Manual (SOM)
- Policy & Memos to States and Regions
- CMS Quality Safety & Oversight memoranda, guidance, clarifications and instructions to State Survey Agencies and CMS Regional Offices.
Other Resources from the ASC Podcast with John Goehle:
ASC Podcast with John Goehle Patron Program
- Benefits of Becoming a Patron Member
- Patron Members of the ASC Podcast with John Goehle have access to ASC Central - an exclusive membership website that provides a one-stop ASC Regulatory and Accreditation Compliance, Operations and Financial Management resource for busy Administrators, nurse managers and business office managers. Become a member today!
The ASC-Central Premium Access Program
- A Premium Resource for Ambulatory Surgery Centers including access to bootcamps, education programs and private sessions
Books by John Goehle