On this Episode of the ASC Podcast with John Goehle, we discuss. The latest news and information affecting the ASC Industry, discuss the potential effects of the 2020 election, prepare for the 2021 CMS ASC/HOPD Rule, review recent experiences with centers and in our focus segment, talk about credentialing.
This episode sponsored by Ambulatory Healthcare Strategies
Downloads and Links Discussed During this Episode:
Resources for Credentialing:
- Access the AMA database at https://profiles.ama-assn.org/amaprofiles/ They provide primary source verification for physicians (ie. not CRNA’s, Podiatrists, Dentists).
- For Podiatrists, access the American Board of Podiatric Medicine at https://www.abpmed.org/pages/credentialers/verification where you can perform primary source verification.
- For CRNAs, access the national board at: https://portal.nbcrna.com/credential-verification to perform primary source verification.
- Go to the National Practitioner Data Bank at: http://www.npdb-hipdb.hrsa.gov/.
- Check the Medicare Excluded individuals database at: http://exclusions.oig.hhs.gov/ to make sure the practitioner has not been excluded from the Medicare program.
- To Verify DEA directly go to this website: https://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/webforms/validateLogin.jsp
Other Resources from the ASC Podcast with John Goehle:
Patron Members of the ASC Podcast with John Goehle have access to ASC Central – an exclusive membership website that provides a one-stop ASC Regulatory and Accreditation Compliance, Operations and Financial Management resource for busy Administrators, nurse managers and business office managers. Become a member today!