On this episode of the ASC Podcast with John Goehle we discuss the latest news in the ASC Industry, discuss a recent study on wrong site surgery and in our focus segment, interview Heather Hayes from Surgical Information Systems about Considerations when choosing an Electronic Medical Record system.
This episode is sponsored by Surgical Information Systems
Resources from this Episode:
- Joint Commission Study about Wrong Site Surgeries (from OR Magazine article by Adam Taylor on 6/15/23)
- Becker’s Hospital Review Article about nurses and degree scam (June 28):
- WPTV Article about Nurse who Stole Fentanyl
- Becker’s ASC Article about Physician Convicted of Illegal Opioid Distribution:
- SIS Website:
Important Resources for ASCs:
- Conditions for Coverage:
- Infection Control Survey Tool (Used by Surveyors for Infection Control)
- Updated Guidance for Ambulatory Surgical Centers - Appendix L of the State Operations Manual (SOM)
- Policy & Memos to States and Regions
- CMS Quality Safety & Oversight memoranda, guidance, clarifications and instructions to State Survey Agencies and CMS Regional Offices.
Other Resources from the ASC Podcast with John Goehle:
ASC Podcast with John Goehle Patron Program
- Benefits of Becoming a Patron Member
- Patron Members of the ASC Podcast with John Goehle have access to ASC Central - an exclusive membership website that provides a one-stop ASC Regulatory and Accreditation Compliance, Operations and Financial Management resource for busy Administrators, nurse managers and business office managers. Become a member today!
The ASC-Central Premium Access Program
- A Premium Resource for Ambulatory Surgery Centers including access to bootcamps, education programs and private sessions
Books by John Goehle