On this Episode of the ASC Podcast with John Goehle, we discuss the latest news including ASORNs Recommended Practice regarding the use of Multi-dose Ophthalmic Medications, Key Findings in a recent Avanza Study on Hospital ASC Investment, New about CMS increasing Dental Surgery Reimbursement for Hospital Outpatient Surgery Departments and in our focus segment, discuss interoperability in the ambulatory surgery center with Lindsay Hanrahan, SIS – Vice President of Product Management.
This episode is sponsored by Surgical Information Systems
Resources from this Episode:
- SIS – Surgical Information Systems (The Sponsor)
- ASORN Recommended Practice: Use of Multi-dose Medications
- Avanza Healthcare Strategies – Avanza Intelligence 2021-22 Hospital Leaders ASC Survey:
- CMS issues proposed rule that would improve access to dental surgeries in hospitals – American Dental Association
Important Resources for ASCs:
- Conditions for Coverage:
- Updated Guidance for Ambulatory Surgical Centers – Appendix L of the State Operations Manual (SOM)
- Policy & Memos to States and Regions
- CMS Quality Safety & Oversight memoranda, guidance, clarifications and instructions to State Survey Agencies and CMS Regional Offices.
Other Resources from the ASC Podcast with John Goehle:
ASC Finance, Accounting & Reimbursement Seminar:
Get a copy of John’s most popular book – The Survey Guide – A Guide to the CMS Conditions for Coverage & Interpretive Guidelines for Ambulatory Surgery Centers
Visit the ASC Podcast with John Goehle Website
Benefits of Becoming a Patron Member
Patron Members of the ASC Podcast with John Goehle have access to ASC Central – an exclusive membership website that provides a one-stop ASC Regulatory and Accreditation Compliance, Operations and Financial Management resource for busy Administrators, nurse managers and business office managers. Become a member today!