On this Episode of the ASC Podcast with John Goehle, we review the latest news, and information for the ASC Industry, discuss COVID-19 Vaccinations, Review Recent Guidance from CMS on Emergency Preparedness and in our focus segment, prepare you for Medicare Quality Reporting in May 2021.
This episode sponsored by:
Resources from this Episode:
- Updated Guidance for Emergency Preparedness-Appendix Z of the State Operations Manual (SOM) Memo #QSO-21-15-ALL
- Burden Reduction Final Rule Interpretive Guidelines: The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) is releasing interpretive guidelines and updates to Appendix Z of the State Operations Manual (SOM) as a result of the revisions of the Medicare and Medicaid Programs; Regulatory Provisions to Promote Program Efficiency, Transparency, and Burden Reduction (CoPs) (CMS 3346-F) Final Rule. • Expanded Guidance related to Emerging Infectious Diseases (EIDs): CMS is also providing additional guidance based on best practices, lessons learned and general recommendations for planning and preparedness for EID outbreaks.
- Medicare Quality Reporting (ASCQR)
- All data ASCs are responsible for reporting to CMS for 2021 will be submitted through CMS’s website at https://qualitynet.cms.gov/asc/ascqr
- The deadline for submitting ASCQR Program data is May 17, 2021, due to May 15 falling on a Saturday this year.
- Here is the HARP User Guide: https://qnetconfluence.cms.gov/display/HS/HARP
- Here is a tutorial on creating an account: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1zj8JqxWg4
- Here is a tutorial about requesting a user role: https://qnetconfluence.cms.gov/display/HS/HARP
- Here is a tutorial for the security administrator to approve a user role: https://qnetconfluence.cms.gov/display/HS/HARP
- Here is a tutorial on how to make changes you you HARP user profile: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaV7m2-zFKphoCXj7sIx2G1fwMZQQ0EJP
- Here is a tutorial for clients who have have forgotten their user ID or password: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXt1lEiARAs&list=PLaV7m2-zFKphoCXj7sIx2G1fwMZQQ0EJP&index=3
- Conditions for Coverage:
- Interpretive Guidelines for ASCs
Other Resources from the ASC Podcast with John Goehle:
Patron Members of the ASC Podcast with John Goehle have access to ASC Central – an exclusive membership website that provides a one-stop ASC Regulatory and Accreditation Compliance, Operations and Financial Management resource for busy Administrators, nurse managers and business office managers. Become a member today!