On this Episode of the ASC Podcast with John Goehle we discuss some observations from John’s Visit to the Washington Ambulatory Surgery Center Association’s 2022 Annual Education Conference and Trade show, discuss required risk assessments and how to make sure they are properly summarized and in our focus segment we discuss the regulatory requirements for Pharmacy and Interview Pharmacy Consultant Victor Alves about recent survey experiences related to pharmacy.
Resources from this Episode:
- Interview with Victor Alves - Here is his contact information:
- Victor Alves, PharmD, BCGP, FASCP
- President, Consultant Pharmacist
- 125 Church Street|Suite 90-163|Pembroke, Massachusetts 02359
- T: 508-284-9974| F: 508-598-0409 | E: email@example.com | W: OctariusRx.com
Important Resources for ASCs:
- Conditions for Coverage:
- Infection Control Survey Tool (Used by Surveyors for Infection Control)
- Updated Guidance for Ambulatory Surgical Centers - Appendix L of the State Operations Manual (SOM)
- Policy & Memos to States and Regions
- CMS Quality Safety & Oversight memoranda, guidance, clarifications and instructions to State Survey Agencies and CMS Regional Offices.
Other Resources from the ASC Podcast with John Goehle:
ASC Administrator’s Bootcamp:
- The ASC Industry’s leading virtual mentored training program for administrators in ASCs. The virtual conference includes a comprehensive 4 day training program from January 24-27, 2023. For more information - visit: https://ascpodcast.com/asc-administrators-bootcamp/
Patron Members of the ASC Podcast with John Goehle have access to ASC Central - an exclusive membership website that provides a one-stop ASC Regulatory and Accreditation Compliance, Operations and Financial Management resource for busy Administrators, nurse managers and business office managers.