On this Episode of the ASC Podcast with John Goehle, we provide an update on the latest news including revised interpretive guidelines and in our focus segment discuss the 2020 Review of Medicare’s Program Oversight of Accrediting Organizations and list the top citations so far in 2022.
This episode sponsored by Surgical Information Systems and Ambulatory Healthcare Strategies.
Resources from this Episode:
- Bureau of Labor Statistics Data about Retirements:
- Data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics show that more adults age 65 and older left the labor force in 2020 than in any year since the US began tracking such information in 1948
- Memo #QSO-22-16-ASC – Updated Guidance for Ambulatory Surgical Centers – Appendix L of the State Operations Manual (SOM)
- Accrediting Organization Compliance with CfC
- Conditions for Coverage:
- Interpretive Guidelines for ASCs
- Policy & Memos to States and Regions
- CMS Quality Safety & Oversight memoranda, guidance, clarifications and instructions to State Survey Agencies and CMS Regional Offices.
Other Resources from the ASC Podcast with John Goehle:
Visit our website at ascpodcast.com for a list of all of our virtual conferences.
Get a copy of John’s newest book – the 2020 Edition of The Survey Guide – A Guide to the CMS Conditions for Coverage & Interpretive Guidelines for Ambulatory Surgery Centers
Visit the ASC Podcast with John Goehle Website
Benefits of Becoming a Patron Member
Patron Members of the ASC Podcast with John Goehle have access to ASC Central – an exclusive membership website that provides a one-stop ASC Regulatory and Accreditation Compliance, Operations and Financial Management resource for busy Administrators, nurse managers and business office managers. Become a member today!