On this Episode of the ASC Podcast with John Goehle, we provide the latest news and information in the ASC Industry, review recent survey experiences, discuss Accreditation Trends and discuss the latest news from Quad A with it’s CEO Tom Terranova.
Notes and Resources from this Episode:
- ASC Quality – Tips and Toolkits Resource:
- Reporting Theft/Loss of Controlled Substances:
- A Nose for Reducing SSIs (Article on Outpatient Surgery - October)
- Subscribe to Outpatient Surgery Magazine: https://osmapp.aorn.org/Account/Login?ReturnUrl=%2Faccount%2Fsubscription
- OR Excellence: https://www.aorn.org/or-excellence
- Quad A - Website:
Visit the New ASC Central Website!
ASC Central, a sister site to http://ascpodcast.com that provides a link to all of our bootcamps, educational programs and membership programs!
INFORMATION ABOUT THE ASC PODCAST WITH JOHN GOEHLE
Join one of our Membership Programs!
- Our Patron Program:
- Patron Members of the ASC Podcast with John Goehle have access to ASC Central - an exclusive membership website that provides a one-stop ASC Regulatory and Accreditation Compliance, Operations and Financial Management resource for busy Administrators, nurse managers and business office managers.
- More information and Become Member
- Our Patron Program:
- The ASC-Central Premium Access Program
- A Premium Resource for Ambulatory Surgery Centers including access to bootcamps, education programs and private sessions
- More Information and Become a Premium Access Program Members Today!
Important Resources for ASCs:
- Conditions for Coverage:
- Infection Control Survey Tool (Used by Surveyors for Infection Control)
- Updated Guidance for Ambulatory Surgical Centers - Appendix L of the State Operations Manual (SOM)
- Policy & Memos to States and Regions
- CMS Quality Safety & Oversight memoranda, guidance, clarifications and instructions to State Survey Agencies and CMS Regional Offices.
Other Resources from the ASC Podcast with John Goehle:
Books by John Goehle
- Get a copy of John’s most popular book - The Survey Guide - A Guide to the CMS Conditions for Coverage & Interpretive Guidelines for Ambulatory Surgery Centers