On this episode of the ASC Podcast with John Goehle, we discuss the latest news and recent survey experiences including a discussion on dealing with a rude surveyor, and we celebrate our 200th Episode with the staff of the Podcast and the Staff of Ambulatory Healthcare Strategies and discuss current issues in ASCs.
Notes and Resources from this Episode:
Costs for Common Health Care Procedures Significantly Higher When Performed in Hospital Outpatient Departments
Is office-based surgery a harbinger of things to come for ophthalmology?
Article in Outpatient Surgery Magazine: The Essentials of Instrument Tray Management By: Casey Czarnowski, BA, CRCST, CSPDT, CIS, CER
On this our 200th Episode, we want to thank all of our employees on the ASC Podcast with John Goehle and Ambulatory Healthcare Strategies:
- The ASC Podcast with John Goehle (www.ascpodcast.com)
- Ambulatory Healthcare Strategies (www.ah-strategies.com)
- Our Staff (that joined us for this podcast):
- John J. Goehle
- Sue Cronkite
- Laurie Roderiques
- Jim Masters
- Alex Bornemann
- Jenna Alvarez
- Judie D’Ambrosio
- Mike D’Ambrosio
- Amy Cronkite
- Tony Lyons
- Laura Plummer
- Mary O’Day
- Zach Caloritis
- Cathy Foti
- Donna Moccio
- Christina Norman
Join one of our Membership Programs!
- Our Patron Program:
- Patron Members of the ASC Podcast with John Goehle have access to ASC Central - an exclusive membership website that provides a one-stop ASC Regulatory and Accreditation Compliance, Operations and Financial Management resource for busy Administrators, nurse managers and business office managers.
- More information and Become Member
- Our Patron Program:
- The ASC-Central Premium Access Program
- A Premium Resource for Ambulatory Surgery Centers including access to bootcamps, education programs and private sessions
- More Information and Become a Premium Access Program Members Today!
Important Resources for ASCs:
- Conditions for Coverage:
- Infection Control Survey Tool (Used by Surveyors for Infection Control)
- Updated Guidance for Ambulatory Surgical Centers - Appendix L of the State Operations Manual (SOM)
- Policy & Memos to States and Regions
- CMS Quality Safety & Oversight memoranda, guidance, clarifications and instructions to State Survey Agencies and CMS Regional Offices.
Other Resources from the ASC Podcast with John Goehle:
Books by John Goehle