This week on the ASC Podcast with John Goehle, John is joined by the staff of Ambulatory Healthcare Strategies to discuss their thoughts about ASCA 2018, including their favorite sessions, biggest takeaways, and funny moments. We also have news of the week, including an update on the required Medicare Quality Reporting deadlines and news about Florida’s risk management requirements.
Resources for this week’s Podcast:
Medicare Quality Reporting:
Note that all ASCs must participate in Medicare Quality Reporting to avoid payment penalties. The deadline for reporting ASC-8, 9 and 10 is May 15, 2018 to avoid a negative impact on your 2020 Medicare Rates. Signing up for these programs is both complex and time consuming and you need to act fast if you have not already signed up to report.
- Information from the ASC Association about Medicare Quality Reporting
- Medicare Quality Reporting Manual for 2018
- Sign Up Page for QualityNet (For Reporting ASC-9 and ASC-10)
- Enrollment Page for NHSN (For Reporting ASC-8)
ASCA’s Benchmarking Website
Discount Book Opportunity for Listeners
- John is offering a discount through 4/30/2018 on “The Survey Guide for ASCs – A Guide to the Conditions for Coverage and Interpretive Guidelines for Ambulatory Surgery Centers”
- Get this book, usually priced at $149.99 for $129.99 with no shipping cost.
- Follow this link to purchase the book at this discounted rate