ASCs will need to demonstrate that they have provided on-going staff training addressing the extra precautions necessary in the COVID-19 Environment. This training is designed to assist in meeting those training requirements and to demonstrate to surveyors that staff have been appropriately trained. This in-service focused on COVID-19 infection control precautions. This includes hand hygiene, environmental cleaning specific to frequently touched surfaces, PPE use, reprocessing and HLD considerations, social distancing, and considerations in specific clinical settings (ie. Preop/PACU/OR/Procedure Room).
We presented this in-service live on May 20, 2020. The Conference included the following topics:
- Session 1-Infection Control Considerations: Hand Hygiene / Hand Washing Practices
- Session 2-Infection Control Considerations: Environmental Cleaning / Frequently Touched Surfaces
- Session 3-Infection Control Considerations: Clinical Areas Including Social Distancing (Pre-op / PACU / OR / Procedure Room)
- Session 4-Infection Control Considerations: Instrument Processing Areas
- Session 5 – Infection Control Considerations: PPE Utilization